See Plan B inspired by recent events at COP24.
Climate change is not a technical problem, it's a human problem... Pretty much everything (a lot of pages) on this wiki revolves around this subject, after all everything is connected and this is one of the most urging problems of the humanity.
- Many experts are concerned about global warming, raising sea levels and natural cataclysms of unprecedented scale.
- Planet will survive, it's humanity that needs to evolve.
- Learning to live on Earth, establishing processes and building operating system for the new world
- Pressing reset button on operating system of humanity.
- First we need to learn how to live on Earth so we can spread to outer space.
- Establishing systems, protocols, principles allowing human species to survive in eons yet to come
- Human consciousness is beautiful. It would be shame if it was destroyed by some cosmic cataclysm, see Existential risk
- Solving important issues - as opposed to Apple Watch App For Drone Delivery Of Vegan Cat Food For Chineese Expats Living In San Francisco (AWAFDDOVCFFCELISF) - https://twitter.com/genesisdotre/status/646686154092376064
5 years (circa 2020)
A few acres of land in Portugal (enough to learn and experiment).
Own energy, water, waste treatment (see soil production at Boom Festival), permaculture, a lot of sun, warm climate, access to the ocean, favourable legal situation.
- sun = energy
- ocean = water
- energy + water = fresh water
- fresh water + sun = plants
- plants = food
- (off-the-grid vision in mind)
10 years (2025)
- Multiple locations: US, Goa, Bali, New Zealand, Réunion, Lanzarote, floating islands...
- Own currency, own passports, own sattelite network, own fiber optic underneath the ocean...
- WOW - http://www.orsn.org/en/ - they are already replacing ICANN! (way to go)
100 years (2100 and beyond)
Previously we weren't sharing it publicly (to avoid being misunderstood)
The reality is - no time to waste - we need to be more explicit:
Longevity is coming. We will live forever. In one form of another.
Once we live forever - we need to achieve enlightenment and be in peace.
Survival of the human species
Once the timescale goes from 80 years to infinity, the probability of cosmic cataclysm increases.
"Nasa Administrator Charles Bolden believes that colonising Mars is essential to ensure the survival of our species." - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3229433/Could-BOMBING-Mars-make-habitable-Nuclear-warheads-heat-red-planet-make-Earth-like-claims-Elon-Musk.html
The wording of many paragraphs is constantly changing.
We tried to appeal attractive to various target groups:
- #coliving #coworking #hackbase (sharing economy)
- Parents (who want to create a community so my children have someone to play with)
- Investors (to launch innovative projects)
From now on - not trying to make anyone else happy. Making ourselves happy in the first place, putting oxygen mask first.
See also History to see the evolution of the idea.