Everything In Public
Open by default[edit | edit source]
Or Radical transparency.
Potentially a better name.
Some people are still concerned about privacy, LOL: https://medium.com/s/trustissues/find-out-what-google-and-facebook-know-about-you-31d0fa6d7b61
- I do not trust my hardware, operating system, browser, internet service provider, etc...
- I do not have recourse against a sufficiently motivated attacker, be it a hacker or a state actor, be it a quantum computer or $5 wrench
The moment I start "protecting" my privacy, it's a race - who is going to outsmart who, there is always someone smarter. Do I really want to invest time and energy? F••• them all, everything in public, open by default:
- My phone number is public.
- My email address is public.
- My physical address is public. (kind of public, you need to know how to use Google Maps)
Life is a gift, to live is an art. I want to shine bright, manifest love and light. Me investing into privacy and security sounds like a joke... Be real. See also Core Values - trust, honesty, integrity.
Intel Management Engine[edit | edit source]
Chineese[edit | edit source]
"The Big Hack: How China Used a Tiny Chip to Infiltrate U.S. Companies"
I always assumed that is the case, now there is an evidence to prove it.
Default position[edit | edit source]
By default I'm OK to keeping everything in public:
- Legal documents
- Processes and procedures
It is not yet determined whether it is legal to publish emails: http://law.stackexchange.com/questions/3980/is-it-legal-to-publish-email-that-someone-sent-to-me
Protecting Privacy[edit | edit source]
I haven't formed an opinion. I accept shortcomings of existing technologies.
Exceptions[edit | edit source]
- Discussing sensitive issues of vulnerable members. See: Freedom#Safety_measures
- Stock Exchange#Transparency - when sharing too much information might be detrimental to the winning strategy (still subject to discussion)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunkworks_project - on some occasions certain projects may require secrecy.
- Proposal: on every meeting allocate 5 minutes for "off the record" discussion. If 50% of the members decide that skunkwork project is required, then separate action will be taken.
- Currently there are no processes for skunkwork projects (as we are not solving issues that hasn't yet occurred)
- Committing a Crime (discussing a crime might be a subject of skunkwork project)
Links / References / Inspiration[edit | edit source]
- We Live In Public: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0498329/
- http://aug.co/ - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxb-GAKKagGffjVvWVNndGxoNDRkdnJNNmpoVmR6NG5oNnUyeGNqempzTEhTQVA4LVB5VEU
- No Mad Island FAQ - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H8unh5AtuOQSaDE-2eS-pQGddsSrWvCzihfnUWf8ez4/edit
- Transparency statement: https://bobsummerwill.com/conflict-of-interests-statement/